HRI’s must-see 2013 Vendor Tooling Study investigates the entire tooling management process – from OEMs to Tier 1 and tooling suppliers – to uncover the root cause of inefficiencies impacting the supply chain and provide best practices, cost saving opportunities, waste and risks to the industry. The study sheds light on information critical to the industry, whether you’re an OEM, Tier 1 or tooling supplier, including insights into management/operations, program management, quality and materials, with a focus on reduction in process times and cost.
Insight into trends for improvement
The study provides insight at all levels of the tooling management process. Just some of the emerging trends resulting from the study include:
- Global capacity vs. forecast production
- Impact of tooling cost on total vehicle cost
- Impact of low volume, high mix production on tool and vehicle cost
- Talent gap at all levels of the value stream
- Hidden cost of low-cost country strategy
- Importance of early phases of the value stream involving strategy and planning (to all audiences)
- Breakdown of cost impacts for vendor tooling
Meaningful data to help your company compete globally
The 2013 Vendor Tooling study will provide the industry with the tools and knowledge needed to develop the appropriate strategies for vendor tooling management, improve operational excellence, be competitive and grow business globally.
- Analysis of data from ten OEMs, nearly 50 major Tier 1 suppliers and more than 50 global tooling suppliers
- A look at the entire value stream from investment planning through tool traceability and audit from the OEM, Tier 1 and tooling supplier perspective
- Insight from leading automotive manufacturing consultants, HRI and OESA
Those interested in more information or purchasing the study can contact Harbour Results, Inc. at email@example.com or 248-629-9331.
To hear first-hand about the study and its implications, as well as learn more from industry experts on the entire tooling management process, register for the OESA and HRI 2013 Vendor Tooling Study event on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:30 a.m. in the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel. The event will feature an in-depth analysis of current vendor tooling practices, as well as the culture shift necessary for OEMs and suppliers to succeed in the increasingly competitive global marketplace. To register, visit the 2013 Vendor Tooling Study event page.
"I have to say that the presentation you gave yesterday was a HUGE step forward for the tooling industry. You took some critical topics that are difficult to discuss between OEM, Tier, and tool supplier, and put the spotlight right where it needed to be. You may not have 'boiled the ocean', but you sure did warm it up! Thank you to you and your team, you have done a great service for our industry."
Todd M. Finley, President, Commercial Tool & Die, Inc.
"I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate you and your team on a job well done yesterday. The HRI team's hard work leading up to this event really showed. Your presentation was flawless. I don't know how you do it... You make it look so easy. You are an inspiration and a real asset to our sector. It can't be overstated how important HRI is to the N.A. Automotive industry. I looking forward to seeing the impact your latest study will have on our industry."
James Bowman, VP and General Manager, J.P. Bowman Tool & Die